Friday, May 15, 2009

My Weird Husband!

The weekend is finally here, and I have a huge set of plans again! I bet I will not get anything done.
Luke and I are going to The Keg for dinner tonight, which I am very excited about, I have never had it. I did look online at the nutritional facts and this is really not a good choice before Memorial Day at the lake house! I am going to jog on the tread before we go. Let's pray I can have a little self control. Maybe just a few bites of the appetizer, not trying to make up for what my husband isn't eating. Which by the way, I hope our children someday get his eating habits. Luke will go to Subway and ask for the Mini sandwich and not finish it. If he goes to Pot Belly's 1/2 of the sandwich is hard for him to finish. We will go to Mexican and he will not touch the chips and queso, he is saving room for his dang tacos. He must get embarrassed by his wife bc I just pick up the bowl of queso and pour it in my mouth- so I guess I don't really need chips either! If he orders tacos he will eat one- ONE! When he goes out on a limb and gets nachos, two with a jalapeno on top is good for him. He will actually push the plate away and do the rub the belly- burp thing you do when you are stuffed. While my eyes are going from my plate to his, I have licked everything off of my plate and I am trying to figure out how I can justify eating the rest of his nachos. He also has to get a to go box everywhere we go. Now I have asked him to stop doing that- he will say "No Scoots this will be a great snack later on tonight" Snack? you mean dinner- you just had a snack- one nacho is not freaking dinner. And by the way- he will never eat the leftovers. I think the whole time we have been together he has never touched any left overs he brings home. They do somehow disappear though. I have a huge problem with leftovers. I have no control over myself when there are leftovers, which is why I never bring them home. I have it stuck in my head that once you put them in the fridge, all the fat goes away. Like we went to BJ's the other night and he ordered the mini pizza and ate one piece. He's a guy! How does he do that? Luckily he left the pizza in the car overnight- so I didn't finish it off.
I am not really sure why I just went down that road, but I can continue to make fun of Luke. He does a lot of weird things. Like when he gets home from work, he doesn't sit down until he goes to bed. He stands to watch TV. He stands in front of the TV, not leaning on anything arms crossed with one hand in his mouth bc he didn't quite get those nails down to the quick earlier in the day. I sit all day at work, sit in the car, and I don't even stand up to come in the house- I scoot. I hate to stand. He has an awful gag reflex and it is so over dramatic. If he drinks something and it for some reason gags him, we both have to be silent for about 10 minutes and he has his head down( he is still standing, I would totally have sat if it was happening to me!) and he has one finger in the air letting me know it's not going to be much longer. I know he is going to survive when he takes a big breath and lifts his head up. He sleep walks, which always ends in him peeing somewhere- like he will get up and sleep walk outside and potty in the bushes. It's really weird. I have never seen a guy have a bigger bond with a tea-cup chihuahua. They are inseparable. The second he gets home she is attached to his hip! He loves her so much, she hates me by the way. He will stand up straight and pat his knees and she will jump into his arms. It's crazy! They both love to watch movies and eat skittles together. Going back to the food thing, like three weeks ago he said he bought some peanut M&M's. He had them in his car and didn't even eat them that day- three days later he pulls out a bag of M&M's from his pocket, he has eaten like 1 or 2 but he is carrying them around with him- Why? in case he gets the urge to eat one more. I mean who actually shakes 1 M&M out of the bag into their hand? Lucas! If I let my self buy a bag of M&M's- a jumbo bag , would have been finished before I even got in line and I would actually be able to say, after they rang me up, " you can just throw away the empty bag"
I guess opposites attract. Lucas is so laid back, go with the flow, nice, always has a smile on his face, fun, great guy. I only smile for pictures, am high strung, anxious, moody, temper could go at any time, stressed out- I will stop there! Just a few more reason why this is going to be a long marriage for Luke!

Anyways hopefully I will get stuff done this weekend, but I am not banking on it! I wonder how much of a 8 oz filet Lucas will bring home tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment